Thursday, June 28, 2007

How to Style Your Bedroom


Well.. as starters.. I would personally feel better working with a blue print so I can imagine everything on there..
To start.. you may want to classify each corner and space into your own taste..
For me.. I like the open area in the middle so I can move around freely..
Then you may wanna choose your furniture and get to know what style you like..(modern, classic, cultural..etc)
For my room I chose simple furniture and mixed the african style in it.. with wooden statues and colorful paintings.. after that I started choosing my colors.. I got a greenish floor ceramics with three different sizes, and I arranged them in a pattern that I like. I chose an oily blue sofa bed and dark brown wood for everything.. and as far as I know.. most of my accessories will be beige (for lamps and a part of my curtain).
For my curtain.. that I am not done with.. I chose beige circles that are attached together.. and I wanna add brown or blue beads with a solid color material .. like blue or green and that depends on the beads.. for example if I have the beads in blue.. I will have the green material.. and if I have the brown beads.. I will put on the blue material.

So basically. My room has 4 main colors: Dark brown, blue, green and beige.
Its best when we use the color circle when we decorate a room, we either use colors that contradict each other such as yellow and purple with neutral colors, or colors that are adjacent to each other and with neutral colors.

My room was made out of the 2nd option, which are adjacent colors (blue and green) and neutral colors (brown and beige)

So there are warm colors which helps excite a person and make them feel energy, these are:
Red
Orange
Yellow
and the cool colors which helps a person be calm and relaxed:
Green
Blue
Purple

As you can see, I chose the cool colors in my bedroom so it will help me relax so I can sleep peacefully with no noisy colors.
I would rather choose for a living room some of the warm colors; it helps a person be more social and talkative and actually more fun!
A mixture of both warm and cool colors just keeps it in between a relaxed but interesting ambiance.

So you can choose your colors according to your personality..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm nice color :)

eshda3wa said...

can we see some pictures?

hamdool said...

Thanks alot dear ..
glad i drop by :)

Anonymous said...

Hola Amonish,
Greetings from Brazil!
Very useful the informations about the colours and the effect they cause in the human body, in most case giving energy.
Best wishes.
My site:
http://www.geocities.com/geraldom3

livelovelaugh said...

your room sounds so nice =] i actually just re-did my room and its very colourful, two walls are purple, two are turquoise, and the ceiling is pink!

DK said...

ohh shwgteny ashof ur bedroom !

7adha peaceful.. allah ihnech :)

Amonish said...

thanks all!! I added a photo for you guys..